Thank you so much to the beautiful lili-rose for nominating me for this :-)
In case you’re not sure what this award is, it’s aim is to promote blogs with less than 200 followers and is awarded by fellow bloggers. The word ‘Liebster’ means dearest, or favourite, in German. There are a few rules that go with this award, which are as follows:
* The selected blogger must write 11 things about themselves, as a way for others to get to know a bit more about them.
* They must also answer 11 questions that the blogger who nominated them has asked.
* Create 11 new questions for the people I will nominate.
* Choose up to 11 people and link them to this post, letting them know you have nominated them for the award.
11 random facts about me
1) I have a 9 year old son who’s almost as much into fashion as me!
2) After fashion (and writing about it) my second favourite passtime is cooking with cake pops a current favourite. My favourite celebrity chef is Jamie Oliver.
3) I used to have a house rabbit called tink, which was supposed to be a female dwarf rabbit, but turned out to be a giant male rabbit!
4) My all time celebrity crush is Chris Moyles. Was gutted to see him go on Friday :-(
5) I have a law degree
6) I hate cheese and milk
7) I can’t pronounce the word fork
8) I used to have my tongue pierced and I swallowed it on my 21st birthday (the top ball)
9) I want to go to New York for my 30th birthday (next year!)
10) If anyone ever proposes to me I would love it to be with a Tiffany’s ring
11) I’m slightly OCD about the house and the way the bed is made. I like things to be in their place and done in a certain way. Unfortunately my boyfriend is the quintessential Mr Messy!
Here’s my answers to the 11 questions that were chosen for me :-)
What are your 3 make-up essentials?
HD Brows eyebrow palette, Max Factor false lash effect mascara, lip gloss (too many to mention!)
What made you want to start a blog?
I love writing and it’s great to be able to share my passion for fashion with fellow like minded people. Nothing better than when other people comment on a post and you get to hear other points of view
You can only pick one for the rest of your life: music or fashion or beauty products. Which one/why?
Fashion. I love beauty products and music, but fashion is my life.
Who is your style icon?
There’s loads of people I like at the moment, like Jessie J and Rita Ora etc, but overall I like to think I’ve got a more classic style and I guess my absolute all time icon would be Audrey Hepburn
If you could choose any super power, what would it be?
Power to press rewind on time and change a few decisions I’ve made in the past
Where in the UK are you based?
Glasgow in sunny Scotland!
Early mornings or late evenings?
Early mornings. I like to get up and get on with the day. Although they won’t be the same without Chris Moyles!
What’s your favourite blog post you’ve written so far?
I really loved putting together this post on my favourite camouflage jackets from other fashion bloggers. Was great fun searching round and seeing the amazing style that’s out there.
Number 1 on your wishlist for Fall/Autumn ’12?
If I could have anything… it would be a mulberry Del Rey in black Ostrich. I’m £3,500 short at the moment though :-(
What’s the most memorable place you’ve visited, abroad or local?
When I was younger I was lucky enough to do a lot of travelling it’s difficult to pick one place, but I think visiting India when I was 10 was extra special. It was my third time in India (I went 3 years in a row aged 8, 9 and 10) but this time I was away for 6 weeks and it becomes like your second home.
What advice would you give someone wanting to start out in the blogging community :)
Write with passion and honesty and don’t be put off when your first few posts attract a grand total of 2 readers (one of which is your mum). Rome wasn’t built in a day!
And now for my 11 questions for other people….
1) What’s your favourite song?
2) Who’s wardrobe would you like to have?
3) What simple thing makes you happy?
4) If you were only allowed one item in your makeup bag, what would it be?
5) Cats or dogs?
6) What’s your favourite magazine?
7) What is your favourite decade for fashion?
8) Who are your blogging icons?
9) What makes you follow another blogger?
10) When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
11) Where would you most like to visit in the world and why?
Tracy from Fantastic Fun Fashion
Merelle from Merelleabella
Rachel from what a beauty
Hollie from Hollie’s Blog